It’s not difficult to list your item for selling on eBay. But if you’re doing for the first time, you’ve come to the right place. We will help you with a step-by-step guide so you know exactly how to list your item on eBay. Once you have listed your first item, you will realize that the entire process is actually really simple and would be easily able to list future items. So, let’s login to eBay account and start the process!
Step 1: On absolutely any eBay page, you will see a ‘Sell’ button on the top, right above the logo. Just start by clicking on that.
Step 2: This is where you need to enter all the required details that will help eBay understand how and where to list your item. You need to enter the following details:
- Category: Just enter the keyword related to your product, and eBay will automatically suggest some categories. You can choose the one that fits your product best.
- Clear Title and Good Description: Since the first thing a consumer sees is the title of the product, followed by the description, it is in your best interests to right a title clearly describing the product with a detailed description.
- Additional Details: This will include any additional information about the product. Like brand, make, model, etc. This will also help users find your product easily.
- Upload Good Pictures: Make sure you upload pictures of your product displaying it from every angle. Also include a good picture of the label/brand logo, if any. It’s in your best interest to ensure all the images are well-lit, and on a white background.
- Choose the Format of Listing: You can list your product as an auction item or with a fixed price. There are some other options too. Do you research and understand which system works best for your item and choose that to achieve good results.
- Choose the price: In case you don’t want to auction the item and wish to sell it for a fixed price, do good research based on the condition, make and model of the product and then choose the right price to use the Buy it Now option.
- In case of Auctions, Select Duration: eBay lets you choose anywhere between 1-10 days to auction a product. Average listings usually last for 7 days.
- List Payment Information Clearly: Choose the payment methods that work for you. It’s best to have at least a few different payment methods, so the consumer can easily buy your product. PayPal is one of the easiest and most popular options.
- Provide Shipping Information: It is absolutely essential that you list all the locations that you ship to, in order to avoid any confusion with the buyer post the sale of the product. Also clearly jot down the charges and shipping methods. Handling time is also another essential detail that should be mentioned.
- Return Policy: If you have a return policy, great! But if you don’t, you might consider one since customers feel comfortable buying from sellers that have a return policy. In either case, make sure you specify the policies clearly.
- Select listing upgrades: if you want to promote your eBay listing then you can upgrade your listing by making it bold, highlight or adding border.
Step 3: Review Your Listing: After creating your listing you can check the preview of listing and review all details you have added. If there is something missing or extra you can update your listing by clicking on “Edit Listing” button.
Step 4: If you want to create template from your listing you can check the box “Save this listing as template”. But this is optional and you can leave this.
Step 5: Now click on “List item for sale” button to list your item on eBay.
Now that you know how to list you item, go forth and sell!
If you want to get more detailed information about how to list product on eBay or want to hire eBay listing professionals then just click here.